Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Walter David Kenison

Today would have been my father's 90th birthday. He was killed in a farm accident when he was 45; so the years since his birth in primitive Talmage, Utah have been split on both sides of the veil. I have often missed him through the years, wishing I could have known him better, wishing he could have taught me and helped me and guided me. I look forward to that opportunity to get reacquainted some day in the future.

Here are a few of my favorite photos of my Dad. The first was taken as he left on his honeymoon in October 1952:


This shows him in a particularly "manly" outfit. I love the message it conveys, of a man willing to help in the house:


This, however, is a more familiar appearance — hard at work.


This is a great profile shot, with my Mom and two older sisters:


Probably the only "formal" portrait we have:


Finally, the newspaper articles about his death:


He is buried in Payson; I try to go there when I can.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

John's dad was killed in a head-on collision up the canyon several years ago. It's unfortunate for us that are left behind when good men are taken so young. They are surely doing good work on the other side of the veil though.