Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy muffin day!

Having a few minutes to spare this evening, and being eager to make good use of the garden produce that is starting to become abundant, I pulled out a favorite old recipe and made some "whole wheat zucchini honey muffins." I found a recipe along these lines a few years ago, and modified it during a few attempts to fit my liking. I discovered that I really like them with fresh-ground wheat flour - using the coarse setting on the grinder. I really look forward to zucchini season so I can appreciate this opportunity!
Honey Zucchini Muffins

3 c. whole wheat flour (about 2 1/4 c wheat before grinding)
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 T ground cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
2 c. grated zucchini
1 1/3 c. honey
2/3 c. oil
2 tsp vanilla

Mix until moistened. Spoon into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes. Yield: 24 muffins
Here are some photos, first of the batter:


And now the finished product:

1 comment:

Judy said...

I'll believe it when I eat one. Have some ready for me on August 6th.