Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day

Since two of my sisters were here this weekend, and it happened to be the Memorial Day holiday, I arranged for us to drive down to Payson to take some flowers to Daddy's grave. It was just a little rainy, but not enough to disrupt our plans. The cemetery was full of flowers and beautiful.

Mom went along somewhat reluctantly (she hasn't had much energy lately), and seemed somewhat puzzled by the experience. But she did recognize the names when we got there. She didn't seem too happy about the possibility of being buried there herself; she wanted to be back in Provo or Orem, "closer to where I live." Somehow, when that time comes, I don't think she'll be quite so worried about the one-time drive. Of course, Grandma Kenison is also buried in Payson, but her husband is out in Talmage; so I guess being closer to the place she lived during her later years had some impact there.

I always enjoy coming to the Payson cemetery and pondering the blessing of my ancestors. I look forward to the future reunions.

No comments: