Sunday, February 15, 2009

"My boy"

We're blessed in many ways to be near my mother and be able to give her support and encouragement as she deals with issues related to aging. I visit with her daily, but in addition, we often go to visit as a family on Sunday afternoons following meetings. She seems to really look forward to those visits. Matt and I went over this afternoon, and while we were there, Sarah and Brian came. We enjoyed a really nice chat. Mom loves to talk with Sarah and Brian, and tells Brian that she remembers me saying I really like him (no secrets with her around!). I didn't get a photo of the two lovebirds, but Mom told me later some of the ladies downstairs commented how they always seem to be holding hands!

Mom also has a special attachment to Matt. She calls him "my boy" — "How is my boy? What is my boy doing today?" I remember how much Oma doted on me when I was preparing for my mission, and see some of that reflected in Mom's feelings for Matt. They are cute together.

At one point during our visit, Mom started talking about her German name "Doreanne" and its origins. We got her to talk a little more about her youth in Germany as well, and a few other miscellaneous topics. Click the photo below for a link to the Google Video of the conversation.


2 comments:

Judy said...

I love the picture of Mom and Matt. And what a great video! Thanks, Dave.

Wendi said...

That was a fun video of your mom. :)