Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

So maybe it's an artificial tradition foisted on us by commercialized interests in the floral, restaurant, and greeting card businesses. But Valentine's Day can be a good opportunity to reflect on the blessings of those we love and the joy they bring to our lives.

Bonnie fixed me an omelet for breakfast and then we enjoyed a pretty normal Saturday, but after Matt left for work (busy day at Los Hermanos for him), things quieted down. I enjoy fixing dinner when I have time, and today was an ideal day to experiment. I made almond-encrusted halibut, wild rice, asparagus with balsamic vinegar (yum), spinach and fresh raspberries salad, and crescent rolls. We enjoyed sharing the meal by candlelight — how romantic!


Bonnie and I enjoyed the dinner, then watched a movie on TV together. It was a delightfully pleasant evening to share, and a great chance to appreciate each other. I'm so very grateful for my sweetie and her part in my life! But I don't have enough chances to show that appreciation. We realized that we'll soon have many more opportunities for this kind of thing, since we're now down to less than a month until "MTC Day."

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Wow! That's an impressive spread. And those roses are BEAUTIFUL! :)