Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's official!!!

We had a visit from two very giddy young people this evening. We were hoping this day was coming soon; but it took us by surprise tonight. I was grateful it came on a night when I was at home and available! Sarah texted me a photo of "the ring" at 5:38, and we convinced them to come over in the evening to "show and tell." And "giddy" is certainly the best word to describe these two.



We've been bursting with excitement for the past two weeks, waiting for this day. On April 8, Brian's birthday, Sarah let him know that she was ready for him to propose. Bonnie and I had quite a few discussions with Sarah leading up to that, since it was pretty obvious to Sarah that Brian was already ready; Sarah asked for a Priesthood blessing and considered the question very carefully. We were pretty thrilled to hear she had decided it was time! So April 8 was perhaps their "unofficial" engagement day, and in the two weeks since then, our discussions have been "when" instead of "if." We've been bursting with excitement, waiting for the chance to talk openly and announce it to the world!

The problem was the timing — just in the middle of finals at BYU! It was hard for the two of them to find time for ring shopping, and for Brian to make his purchase and his plans. But when he called to schedule an appointment for a discussion with me, I was pretty happy. He came over on Tuesday and we had a great 45-minute discussion about his (their) plans, philosophy, goals, priorities, etc. Sarah and Bonnie were worried that I would be too hard on him; but I really enjoyed the talk! I came away more convinced than ever that this young man would take good care of my princess.

So now, the fun begins. We're tentatively working towards early August. Wahoo! Congratulations, Sarah and Brian!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Come on, Davy. You forgot to add:
"For all your matchmaking needs, contact Yenta Services at jkcannon@roadrunner.com. Reasonable prices." Wasn't that the deal? I'm going to have to up the price. It was already hard enough to find someone willing to be your son-in-law.